The fashion industry and market in Ireland are ever-changing and highly competitive! Fashion start-ups need to be able to move quickly and efficiently to keep up with the latest trends and stay ahead of the competition. One of the ways in which you can achieve a quick and efficient workflow is by using self storage – especially when it comes to the mountains of stock you’re going to be dealing with.
Why eCommerce brands and start-ups need storage.
Self storage can be a great way to keep your stock organised and ensure it’s safe and secure. Furthermore, you could use your storage unit to sort through stock, pack products or even as a photo studio if you’re selling products online.
Self storage provides flexible, convenient and cost-effective solutions for fashion start-ups and eCommerce businesses. From being able to store stock at multiple locations (giving customers nationwide options) to reducing your business overheads, and ensuring your budget a smile, here are a few ways self storage can benefit fashion start-ups in Ireland.
It provides you with maximum flexibility.
Self storage offers a high degree of flexibility tailored to meet the specific needs of a fashion start-up. For example, if you’re looking to store clothing for a pop-up shop, you can rent a storage unit for as long as you need without having to commit to a long-term lease.
You are assured of convenience.
Self-storage units are typically located near major transportation hubs, making them easy to find and get to. And since most storage providers offer 7-day access, you can retrieve your inventory whenever you need it – even if it’s in the middle of the night.
All Nesta Storage facilities are conveniently located and offer longer opening hours on more days than any other storage company in Ireland – check out our storage locations!
Renting a self-storage unit is often more cost-effective than leasing retail space. Plus, many storage providers offer discounts for long-term rentals, making self-storage an even more attractive option for cash-strapped start-ups.
Can adapt to a scaling fashion business
Self-storage can adapt to changes in your inventory levels. For example, if your start-up is growing fast and you need to store more inventory, you can easily rent a larger storage unit. If your business starts to slow down and you need to reduce your inventory levels, you can downsize accordingly.
Helps with inventory management
Good inventory management is essential for any business, but it’s especially vital for the fashion industry – where trends change faster than the weather! With trends coming and going, self storage can help you manage your inventory by providing a safe and secure place to store excess stock. By keeping extra stock in storage, you will never have to worry about being caught short when demand spikes unexpectedly.
However, there are some ways of storing clothes (properly) you should consider – so that your garments don’t get damaged by potential dust or mildew.
Here are a few storage tips for clothes and storing them properly:
- Wrap delicate items such as sequined tops in acid-free tissue paper (it offers good protection, with the reassurance of your garments remaining stain-free – newspaper tends leak ink the older it gets!)
- Place mothballs or cedar balls in your storage unit to deter insects
- Hang dresses, suits and other formal wear on clothing racks (no clothing rack? Repurpose an old trunk!)
- Store seasonal clothes at the back of your unit – so you don’t have to search through everything when you need them
- Store clothes in breathable containers such as plastic bins (what are the best containers for storing clothes? Plastic bins are the practical choice because they’re easy to handle, stack well and keep moisture out)
Pro Tip: Avoid storing clothes in plastic bags – moisture can build up and cause mildew.
In addition to taking proper precautions with your clothes, it’s also vital for you to take care of your storage unit to ensure your belongings stay well protected from the elements.
Here are a few storage tips for storage units:
- Keep your storage unit clean and free of dirt and dust
- Place rugs or mats at the entrance of your unit – to prevent dirt from being tracked inside!
- Stack boxes and containers neatly on shelves or pallets – off the ground
- Use desiccant packs or silica gel packets inside your unit to absorb moisture from the air
Following these tips should give you a few less things to worry about – and now you can focus on growing your start-up!
Running a fashion start-up is no easy feat – but with the help of self storage, it can be made a little bit easier. As you’ve just read, self storage provides flexibility, convenience and affordability, all the things you need to effectively manage your inventory levels without breaking the bank.
So, whether you’re looking for a place to store seasonal clothing or excess stock, self storage is worth considering.
Why choose Nesta Storage?
Nesta is a family-run indigenous business and is the largest and oldest self storage provider in Ireland. For more than 30 years, our business has come to mean much more than providing secure storage for our customer’s valued belongings.
It’s about making room for people in your life, making room for your family to grow, giving you room to breathe after a life event and providing space for businesses to expand.
How we achieve this is by ensuring we offer:
- Premium locations
- 7-day access
- Flexible rental terms
- Small businesses with big plans secure individual storage spaces, offices and meeting rooms
- A panel of vetted moving companies ready to assist with any of your moving needs
- Top-quality packaging materials
Nesta Storage is the leading self storage company in Dublin!
We boast top-notch locations spread throughout Greater Dublin, so if you’re looking for storage options in Ireland, choose one of our locations below and pop by today for a tour of the facility you’ve chosen:
- Nesta Sandyford– 01 290 7800
- Nesta Deansgrange– 01 219 0200
- Nesta Kylemore– 01 642 6100
- Nesta Santry– 01 846 8900
- Nesta Kilbarrack– 01 832 1400
Let us help you grow your business!